Our firm’s Tax Department has wide-ranging expertise in assisting and representing clients before real estate taxation bodies. The department specializes in all facets of real estate transactions, including options transactions. We have broad experience representing entrepreneurs, contractors, purchasing groups, building clearance and urban renewal deals, real estate associations, income-producing real estate companies, and private individuals.
Our Tax Department, in conjunction with the Real Estate Department, handles all aspects related to real estate deals. This includes assisting in the negotiations between the parties, providing representation during the sales agreements, submitting the required documentation to tax authorities, representing in assessment proceedings before real estate tax authorities, and filing appeals to appeals committees and courts.
The Tax Department also works in conjunction with our Municipal Taxation Department handles all relevant aspects involved in planning and building procedures; municipal taxation, e.g. property taxes (‘arnona’), fees, and development levies; and filing appeals to appeals committees and courts.
Our services include:
- Representing taxpayers before real estate taxation authorities in assessment proceedings
- Providing legal opinions regarding taxation
- Assisting purchasing groups and building clearance and urban renewal deals
- Assisting and representing entrepreneurs and contractors
- Corporate dissolution and real estate transfers to controlling shareholders
- Assisting corporations and individuals in restructuring/ reorganization proceedings that include real estate
- Assisting and representing accountants/ tax consultants before real estate taxation authorities in relation to their clients
- Representing taxpayers in appeals committees and in various courts